GMD is a member of Sedex. Sedex is one of the world’s leading ethical trade service providers, working to improve working conditions in global supply chains. We provide practical tools, services and a community network to help companies improve their responsible and sustainable business practices, and source responsibly.
GMD is committed to provide our customers with the highest quality products and we believe, the best method of meeting this commitment is to build a strong relationship with a likeminded suppliers who share GMD’s values, ethical standards and agree to our standards of business conduct. Our relationships with our suppliers and customers are based on the principle of trust and candid dealings and therefore the principle must be extended to everyone along the supply chain, including employees.
- The use of child labour is not acceptable. Employees, within the factories, must meet the minimum legal working age and must not be less than 15 years of age, whichever is the greater.
- Discrimination against an individual or a group as a result of colour, race, religion, gender, nationality, age, maternity or marital status is not acceptable.
- The exploitation of an individual or group is not acceptable.
- The use of any form of physical abuse to intimidate or discipline workers is not acceptable. Additionally, the use of non-physical abuse, for example, threat of violence, sexual harassment or verbal abuse is also not acceptable.
- The use of forced labour or involuntary labour of any kind is not acceptable.
- Workers must be allowed to lawfully join or organise associations (providing organisations are legal in their own country) and employers must not penalise or interfere with the workers lawful efforts to do so.
- Working hours / days, wages, over-time pay and holiday pay must be in compliance with all local laws and must meet the legal minimum wage or a wage that meets local industry standards, whichever is greater.
- Suppliers must ensure that all working premises comply with all applicable laws regarding working conditions, worker health and safety, fire safety, sanitation, risk protection, electrical and structural safety.
- Suppliers disciplinary procedures must be fair towards the employee and documented for the future reference.
- Suppliers are encouraged to promote employee training and education to ensure and promote a greater understanding of their jobs and safety within their working environment.
- Wherever possible, GMD tries to commit to the highest standards of sustainable operation in our activities and to minimise the impact of our activities on the environment. We endeavour to continually improve our environmental performance, and aim to achieve standards that exceed minimum levels required by legislation and general codes of practice.
In the few years that we have been working with GMD they have been a pleasure to deal with. They are efficient, knowledgeable, helpful and have consistently produced a range of items of good quality. We have built a trusting relationship with them and look forward to producing more great items with them in the future.
GMD have offered a seamless and professional service in providing LDO service teams with their new range of uniform.
From our initial meeting, Robert has made every effort to ensure that all of our design, production and timeline requirements were met. Making the journey from Cardiff to London to meet us in person and has continued to exceed expectations and provide great customer service throughout the process. Our new team uniform looks fantastic.
This has been a very positive experience for us and we would not hesitate to use GMD in the future, they come highly recommended.
Ethos Farm / London Designer Outlet (LDO)
“Our experience working with GMD has been very much a positive one. Quick lead times with fit for
purpose product and efficient account management. GMD's professionalism and problem solving
ability is refreshing. Thank you for making the process a pleasant experience”
Children In Need
I am a Buyer who has worked with GMD for over 14 Years and throughout the time working with them they have remained dedicated to achieving an excellence service. As a company they strive to find solutions together and work in unison with the company they are working for. I feel I have complete transparency with GMD and they are fast at responding to emails.
GMD offer a design service which is excellent. The design team are efficient in working with the Buyer to create fantastic ranges All round a great company to work with.
Working with GMD on various items of merchandise has been a pain-free process. From start to finish the communication is excellent. They listen to your thoughts and never try to sell to you an item which won’t work for your business.
'Blackpool Pleasure Beach is proud to work with Global Merchandise Design. They are helpful, reliable and deliveries are always on time. Good relationships with suppliers are essential and GMD are always happy to go above and beyond to meet our needs. Working with them is a Pleasure!'
Blackpool Pleasure Beach